I’m not sure if there are such things as failures when it comes to baking. If it’s edible, I’m eating!
So I was supposed to make Filipino-style macaroons but because I did not put the batter in any mold, they spread when baking and became cookie-like instead. The taste is still as good but it was on the crispier side compared to the fudgy gooey macaroon. I was adamant at saving my baked goods so I added some chocolate drizzle in the end for that extra push. Turns out it didn’t even need the chocolate. It was good on its own, and I ate two for breakfast today.
Coconut Macaroon Recipe
(Makes 1 dozen)
¼ cup butter
1/2 can condensed milk
1 pc egg
1 tsp vanilla
¼ cup flour
1 cup desiccated coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Whisk egg thoroughly. Whisk in butter, condensed milk and vanilla.
3. Whisk in the flour and combine thoroughly
4. Fold in desiccated coconut
5. Scoop 1 TB of dough into a cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes
6. Let cool and serve
7. Optional: Melt semisweet chocolate in a microwave and dip the bottom of the cookie in chocolate & drizzle on top of the cookie.
Place in parchment paper and put in the fridge for 10 minutes until the chocolate sets.